Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday January 19th 2014: Mexico - Young Turks New Year's Eve Party











And here is the Young Turks New Year's Eve party - the catalyst for the expedition.  I don't have many photos as I was so overwhelmed by the whole spectacle that I didn't know where to start in how to document it.  Basically, the festival sized stage was set up ON THE BEACH with a terrace overlooking it for the artists and then a second stage along the shore for their dj sets.  Here is Sampha both at his solo set and then later spinning with CKTRL and if you click over to my instagram you can see a video of his duet with Jessie Ware.  Another Sound of 2014 nominee TWIGS was my highlight of the night as she took over the vast space with her signature limb swirling choreography and eery spine-tingling beats, blasting from the tower sound system.  Others acts included Grimes, The XX, with Koreless bringing in the sunrise when people switched from dancing on the sand to shedding their party garms and running into the sea.  The most exotic palm tree vignette setting I have ever experienced  for a festival ………. best night of my life … … .. best way to see in the New Year…………….. INCREDIBLE

No comments: